I have a close friend that is 23 weeks pg. A few weeks ago she found
out that her baby has spina bifida. With careful consideration, she and
her dh decided that fetal surgery was their best option. The surgery
was performed last Wed and now she is home from the hospital. Because
of the extreme risk of preterm labor, she is now on pump meds and strict
bed rest. My friend is scared and in pain from the surgery. Any of you
that are religious, they could certainly use your prayers for their
Anyway, on to my real reason for posting. I am feeling very bad for my
friend and a little helpless because there is so little that I can do
for her besides pray. I was thinking about it and came up with the idea
to make her a basket to help her get through these long weeks ahead. I
know that several of you were on bed rest during your pg, so I thought
that you might possibly have some suggestions. What would be good
things to get her? I thought of a book, magazines or gift certificates
to the local Blockbuster, but was having a hard time coming up with
other things. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Here is a list
of what I enjoyed the most.
2) Parenting magazines
3) Sanitizing had gel, I was very limited so if I sneezed or something I
felt cleaner by sanitizing my hands.
4) Wipeys, same clean issue. Not butt wipeys just wet ones or something like
that, I could use them on my face. ( I will never take a shower for granted
5) Classical music, it was relaxing and good for baby.
6) Mints or hard candies something for the dry mouth.
8) Most Important , a big insulated mug with lid and a straw hole, To drink
all that water without the glass sweating. I had one for strictly water it
was blue, and a green one for Gatorade etc.
9) Kleenex in pretty boxes, silly I know but I really liked the bright boxes
it cheered me up.
10) If her hair is long: after awhile my hair really bothered me if it
touched my face so I got some bands to keep it away from my face.